The Physical Therapy & Sports Injury Clinic is owned and operated by Chris Jones, Neuromuscular Physical Therapist and Orthopaedic Sports Massage.
Physical Therapy is a hands-on, drug free healthcare, providing a client-centred approach in the field of musculoskeletal health. It is concerned with identifying the underlying factors causing pain and affecting movement and function within the body's musculoskeletal system and it intervenes to achieve agreed goals and objectives in maximising function and alleviating pain.
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a very specialised form of manual therapy. A therapist trained in NMT is educated in the physiology of the nervous system and its effect on the muscular and skeletal systems. The Neuromuscular Therapist also is educated in kinesiology and biomechanics.
The role of a trained Neuromuscular Physical Therapist is to assess the symptoms and address the causes of soft tissue pain, injury and dysfunction. By assessing and addressing postural distortions, restrictions in the client’s functional range of motion and facilitating a return to normal musculoskeletal function, neuromuscular therapy provides a longer lasting relief from pain.
Neuromuscular Therapy is innovative in that it combines the best selection of soft tissue manipulation techniques developed by pioneers from a variety of healthcare professions.
Sports and Remedial Massage is a form of massage regularly used among athletes before, during and after exercise. Nowadays, however, it is used among any individual who exercises on a weekly basis or uses their body for heavy-duty activity. It is well known in the prevention of injury and is a compliment to any workout.
Deep Tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders.
Kinesio Taping. For more than 25 years, Kinesio Taping has been breaking new ground in the fields of sports performance, pain management and physical therapy.
The Kinesio Taping Method is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. It is used to successfully treat a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions.
Dry Needling is an effective technique for the treatment of muscular pain and dysfunction. The approach is based on western anatomical and neurophysiological principles. Not to be confused with Traditional Chinese Medicine technique of Acupuncture.
· Worked with a wide cross section of private clients presenting with a variety of acute and chronic conditions.
· Worked with the Samoan and Argentinean National Rugby teams, providing soft tissue injury prevention, maintenance and recovery treatments for their players whilst in Dublin for International fixtures against Ireland.
· Worked with Leinster Rugby
· Worked with Kilmacud Crokes Senior Hurling Team.
· Delivered a four-week programme at the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Dun Laoghaire on behalf of Leinster Rugby, which was designed to improve the motor skills, co-ordination and balance of patients with Acquired Brain Injuries. Will be repeating this programme with a new group of patients in the near future.
· Supplied pre and post race treatments at the Adidas Race Series 2010.
· Worked with a variety of amateur sportspeople.
· Provided treatment for competitors at The World Kickboxing Championships 2011.
· Provided treatment for competitors at The World Irish Dancing Championships 2011.
· Member of the Association of Neuromuscular Physical Therapists and also The Irish Massage Therapists Association.
Neuromuscular Physical Therapy 2010
Orthopaedic Sports Massage Therapy 2010
Low Level laser Therapy 2011
Kinesio Taping 2011
Dry Needling 2012